With travel restrictions easing up, head off more confidently in Hyundai’s best-loved compact SUV. Balancing athletic stance with practical technology that affords great handling and today’s requisite creature comforts, the HYUNDAI TUCSON has what it takes to get you up to speed for the season’s journeys… and beyond.
Available with a 2.0-liter CRDi eVGT diesel engine mated to 8-speed A/T, it churns out a maximum power of 185 ps and torque of 41 kg-m that offers smoother shifting and quicker response for a better fuel efficient drive.
Built with 51% Advanced High-Strength Steel (AHSS) it protects passengers with a structure that’s lighter than conventional mild steel yet strong enough to absorb impact in the event of a collision.
Drive Mode Select* conveniently adjusts throttle response and steering effort to match your driving style: normal, eco, or sport mode.
While the Electronic Stability Control (ESC)* keeps you in control of vehicle movement especially in challenging road conditions.
The 18-inch alloy wheels* add not just a touch of class; they are lightweight and capable of maintaining stability on the road.
And the brilliant Projector Headlamps help you see much of the road ahead while keeping you highly visible especially when driving at night.
Flaunting the speed, power, and design sensibility of Hyundai’s Fluidic Sculpture 2.0, the TUCSON is up for that long-awaited drive. Still, you don’t want to take chances: the happiest season of the year is also the most congested—even the riskiest. Here are 8 basic safety checks to consider.
1. Check your car. Have it serviced at the dealership if it’s due for Preventive Maintenance Service (PMS). Don’t skip the DIY safety check on tire tread and pressure, battery, wipers, mirrors, and lights.
2. Check yourself. Are you fit to drive? Lack sleep? Exhausted? Under the weather? Unusually upset or worried? On meds that make you dizzy or drowsy? A “yes” to any of these is a red flag. Stay home. Or let someone else drive.
3. Check your emergency stow. Replenish essentials: first aid supplies, a working flashlight, spare tire, early warning device, car jack, mobile phone charger.
4. Check your route. Leave earlier or later than usual to avoid the morning and evening rush hours. Check weather and road updates on your smartphone apps or on the radio. Waze and Google Maps suffer occasional glitches, so it helps to know alternate routes and shortcuts.
5. Never text and drive. If you must answer a call or an “urgent” text message, pull over first at an authorized stop. You don’t want to get a ticket for violating the Anti-Distracted Driving Act.
6. It also goes without saying: Never drink and drive. It’s always a lethal mix.
7. Practice defensive driving. You may have the most advanced safety features at hand, but you can’t choose who you’re sharing the road with. So keep a safe following distance. Keep to the two-second rule, or staying around two seconds behind any vehicle that is in front of you. Chill and observe road courtesy. Losing your temper over rude or clueless drivers won’t help: it cuts your chances of getting to your destination promptly AND safely.
For added peace of mind, the TUCSON’s safety technology features has your back.
Rear Parking Sensors automatically alert you for obstacles while backing up. The Reverse Camera* serves as an extra “eye” to help you steer clear of accidentally hitting obstacles while maneuvering to park. And, should the inevitable strike, Dual Front Airbags at the steering wheel and dashboard automatically deploy upon impact during frontal collision.
8. Live with COVID. It’s not over until the experts say it’s over, so don’t let your guard down when it comes to observing the standard health protocols. Mask up, wash your hands with soap and water or sanitize them as often as possible, maintain a six-foot distance from anyone outside your household, and disinfect your car as soon as you get home.
Done correctly and safely, hitting the road with the HYUNDAI TUCSON can be most gratifying for your mental health, and rewarding for the establishments that you will be visiting.
But it’s also all about the journey.
The power feature and lumbar support* of the Ergonomic Driver’s Seat promises a most restful drive. For passengers, there is more than enough head, knee, leg room, and cargo space to spare. The air conditioning system includes rear vents* that evenly cool the entire cabin.
And the infotainment system with 7-inch floating type audio display system with touchscreen and Android Auto/Apple CarPlay* and Steering Wheel Audio and Bluetooth Controls make it easier to shuffle playlists for hours of relaxing music.
Flaunting the strength, speed, and design sensibility that Filipinos have come to love and depend on through the years, the HYUNDAI TUCSON is all geared to make your every journey merry and bright.
*Available for the Tucson 2.0 CRDi GLS 8AT variant only.
Check out Hyundai’s complete SUV lineup!